At Derm Clinics, our primary concern is your health and happiness. We’re here to provide you with excellent dermatology services and advice, which is why we choose only the best products for our patients. Although it’s been a very rainy summer in Charleston, it’s still imperative to protect your skin and you’ll need the best skincare products to do so.
Why are skin care products important?
Our skin needs moisture to prevent dryness. An all over moisturizer applied daily will help prevent wrinkles and keep skin moist. Our favorite EltaMD products seal moisture into the surface, thus preventing evaporation and lasting throughout the day.
Are sun care products really necessary?
Of course they are! As we’ve mentioned before, more than two million people in the United States each year are diagnosed with skin cancer & the sun causes 90% of these cases. Don’t believe us? Take a look at these sun facts, they just might change your mind:
- Overcast days are not much safer than those that are sunny, as 70-80% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays can get through the clouds.
- The sun is about 80% stronger when reflected off sand and snow.
- The sun’s rays increase in intensity about 4% for every 1,000-foot rise in altitude.
- It’s better to play or engage in sports before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. If that’s not possible, try to avoid being out at high noon.
- In general, kids can get all the vitamin D they need for strong bones from fortified milk, salmon, vitamin supplements and/or brief, casual sun exposure.
So, why use EltaMD?
Our faces are in the public eye every day. Don’t we strive to keep youthful,
wrinkle-free skin as long as possible? EltaMD skincare products focus on providing safe, effective skin care that includes deep, gentle cleansing and intense moisturization for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin. With EltaMD products, you will see individualized results specific to your needs as they offer natural broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Skincare plays a very important role in our lives, and sun-care is important for all ages and races. Make moisturizer and sunscreen a part of your daily routine. As time progresses, you’ll be glad you did!
At Derm Clinics Charleston, we strive to provide you with the perfect dermatology solutions for your specific skin type. If you’re looking to update your skincare products, come in to sample our favorite products, or contact us at (843) 795-7546 for scheduling services. If you have any questions regarding EltaMD or other products we love, please don’t hesitate to ask!