While our focus is on the medical side of dermatology, we also offer cosmetic services as well. The following outlines some of our cosmetic service offerings. Interested in more information? Contact us today!
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
The Palomar Icon™ Aesthetic System is the next generation of platform technology, with high peak powers,
state of the art cooling, built in calibration, and the Skintel™ reader – the only FDA-cleared melanin reader. The Palomar Icon system provides fast treatments with excellent outcomes and user experience.Building on two decades of unparalleled investments in developing light-based systems for aesthetic providers, the Palomar Icon system redefines the standard of light-based cosmetic and dermatologic care by introducing several new enhancements designed to help improve clinical outcomes and treatment satisfaction.
Palomar has built upon its 20-year leadership to take aesthetic technology to another level. With the Palomar Icon system, aesthetic practices can provide the most popular treatments including laser skin resurfacing, laser wrinkle reduction, laser scar and stretch mark treatment, permanent hair reduction, vessel and pigment clearance, and leg vein clearance.
- Max G: Facial: telangiectasia, sunspots, rosacea, veins
- Comfortably clears pigmented and vascular lesions for skin rejuvenation, using dual filters for the optimal range of light.
- MaxY: Body: telangiectasia, hemangioma, sunspots, hair removal
- Offers high peak power of the optimal wavelengths of light to treat difficult, resistant areas of finer, lighter hair, and delivers optimally-filtered light for the treatment of darker pigmented lesions with a larger spot size for faster treatments on larger areas.
- MaxRS: Hair removal
- Laser hair removal equipment that removes hair on all skin types, from the fairest to the darkest, including tanned skin. Its small spot size is perfect for smaller areas such as the face, underarms and bikini line.
- 1540 Fractional Laser: Scars, Acne scarring, melasma, skin rejuvenation, striae
- Fractional non-ablative laser for skin resurfacing and treatments of surgical scars, acne scars, stretch marks, and melasma.
The American Academy of Dermatology* reports that acne vulgaris is the most common skin condition in the United States. Approximately 80% of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 suffer from acne with many continuing to have acne into their 40s and beyond.
Introducing the Acleara™ Acne Clearing System, the first continuously-cooled system FDA-cleared to treat mild to moderate inflammatory acne (Acne Vulgaris), comedonal acne, and pustular acne. The Acleara Acne Clearing System is powered by an advanced vacuum and filtered broadband light technology. A vacuum cleans pores by extracting build up of sebaceous material. Along with the targeted heating of sebaceous glands, the broadband light activates porphryns to destroy P. acnes and reduces sebum production through photodynamic action.
Acleara is manufactured by Theravant, Inc. and sold exclusively by Palomar.
*Used with permission from the American Academy of Dermatology.